Wednesday, March 10, 2010

5 FILMS THAT I LAUGH AT


5. Caligula
Because the middle aged-fucking is revolting enough but when offset by Malcolm McDowel's overacting and the Playboy channel production values it becomes stratospherically over the top. To laugh at.

4 Baby Boy
All of Snoop's attempts at dramatic acting are funny. The "oh no he didn't!" domestic violence cunnilingus. Pee's drink selection. "Where was you? Let me smell yo dick.." Melvin's African Squats. "Yo my rib girl." Alizé a day. Genius.

3. Gummo
Some junkie fell out of his roachy tree house in west Nashville, walked around with a frog cinematographer and filmed white trash, no, caucasoid refuse lounging about expressing themselves perfectly with a vocabulary of 25 words or less whilst drinking beer on their car seats/lawn furniture. Capturing amazing monologues, single digit IQs and amazingly "natural" sets. Got some glue sniffers to "act" and got some NY art scene fucks to act, promote and release it for him. "This wabbit smells like pussy!".My favorite scenes are the bathtub, actual sex offender (paroled earlier that same afternoon) vs. chair battle and the director cameo. That's method acting.

2. The Other Sister
I saw this in the theater and was rolling around laughing in fits. I let out a squirt of pee and hyperventilated at the dramatic fight scene. I was told I was being "insensitive" and "behaving like a bigot" for laughing by my date and I had to go sit by myself and squirt again at the wedding scene. I think Juliette Lewis played the same character in Gilbert Grape, Kalifornia, Natural Born Killers and Other Sister. She has a lot of range as an actor in that she can believably portray a whole rainbow of different shades of mental retardation. She's quite gifted. Perhaps that's also method acting.

1. Nell
OMFG. "Eviduh gun bea te inna win". I have seen this movie several times and every time I herniate myself laughing and can't make heads nor tails of any or it. But it's awesome in the sense that it truly is awe inspiring. To laugh at.

Honorable Mentions:
Never Too Young to Die (with John Staymoist)
Powder
Radio
Titanic
Lady in The FUCKING WATER!
Happiness
In Bruges
There Will Be Blood (finale)
Storytelling
Jigoku (Japanese Hell,1999)
Reflecting Skin
Superman 2
Blue Velvet (Pabst Blue Ribbon!)
Holy Mountain
The Entity (hilarious!)
Many honorable mentions, perhaps it should have been a top 20 list.
Please note that Zoolander, Ghost Dad, Office Space were not overlooked but intentionally omitted from this list. I don't get what any of my friends see in these films.

1 comment:

  1. CHAOTIC┼ИEUTRALMarch 24, 2011 at 6:46 PM

    Thank you! Although I may have to switch out the #1 spot from Nell to Never Too Young to Die. Saw that again and was thoroughly pleased.

    ReplyDelete